Maximum capacity: 16
Contains four screened cabins in a semicircle. Cabins each contain four metal cots with mattresses. Each cabin has a short set of stairs up to screened front door with interior hook-and-eye lock. Cabins have planked floors. A shared bath house with toilets and showers is located between Air and Sea. This unit is nearest the swimming area at Hankley Lake. No unit house. Telephone for emergency and local calls is located near utility shed closest to Hankley Lake.
Camp Kateri is located in Hawthorne, Fla., just 30 minutes southeast of Gainesville. Camp Kateri is a 550-acre property with opportunities for archery, canoeing, sailing, kayaking, hiking and exploration. The main gate is locked and requires a code, which will be given upon confirmation of reservation.
There are 311 beds available; additional overnight capacity can be accommodated by pitching tents, with ranger approval. Additional capacity requires rental of one portable toilet per 20 people.
*Prices apply only to Gateway Council troops. Troops outside Gateway Council can call us at (904) 388-4653 or email email@example.com for reservations.
Hankley Air (North)
Hankley Sea (South)
On-site equipment and what to bring
Considerations for all properties
• Household pets are not permitted on Girl Scout properties except for service dogs.
• Recreational vehicles (RVs) on camp properties for use in overnight accommodations are not permitted.
• Alcohol policy: Alcohol is never permitted on any Gateway Council property.
• Smoking policy: All tobacco products (including vapor, dip, cigarettes, etc.) are to be used out of sight of all girls and no closer than 50 feet from their location. All products must be placed in a fire-safe container (such as a can with water) prior to placing into the trash. Location must be clean of all tobacco products prior to rejoining the girls. The girl-adult ratio must be maintained in your absence.
• In the event a fire ban is enforced in the state or county, Girl Scouts of Gateway Council will adhere to the following procedure: There will be no open fires at North Fork Leadership Center and Camp Kateri. Campers may use the fixed charcoal grills or a self-contained grill with charcoal as long as it is kept inside the fire circle.
• Thermometers are available for each refrigeration unit. Chef-trained supervisors and/or camp-trained volunteers should monitor the temperature of the refrigeration unit upon arrival at camp and at least daily during camp stay. Notify camp ranger if temperature exceeds 40 degrees F. Ice chests or coolers for cookouts or temporary food storage should be monitored for safe temperatures. Any “potentially hazardous food” stored in ice chests may not be returned to the kitchen.