No. In order to maintain good relationships with property managers, stores and to be fair, walkabouts are only allowed in non-commercial areas. All booth sales must be coordinated through the council, including driveway booths.
Join GSGC’s first ever Girl Scout Cookie Walkabout during National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend, Feb. 23-25!
Girl Scouts will walk their neighborhood selling cookies door to door. This is a great opportunity to visit customers you might have missed in January — or to revisit customers who need to restock!
Who can resist when a Girl Scout is at their door with their favorite cookies?! Going door to door one of the most effective ways to sell Girl Scout Cookies. In fact, according to a national study, 78 percent of customers who were not approached during a cookie sale said they would have purchased 2-4 boxes if asked!
Girl Scouts who participate in a walkabout during National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend are eligible to earn a special patch! Here’s what you need to do:
- Map out neighborhoods for your Walkabout and check them off as you walk them.
- Decorate your wagon or cart for your Walkabout to create excitement in the neighborhood. (Need some inspiration? Click here for tools and ideas!)
- Snap a photo while you’re out and about, and submit it in the form below.
Can I have a Walkabout in a shopping center, park or other public area?
Can we do a Walkabout at one of our troop meetings?
Can we do a Walkabout as a family?
- Girl Scouts must never sell alone. An adult must always accompany girls.
- Girls should wear their uniform and/or a Girl Scout shirt to be recognizable.
- Girls should know their personal and troop goal.
- Never go inside someone's home when selling cookies.
- Never accept food or beverages while selling.
- Girls should never give their last name or phone number while selling.
Walkabout 2018 Details
All entries must be received by Monday, Feb. 26, at 11:59 p.m. After that time, the below form will no longer be available for submissions.
We'll mail this patch to qualifying entries in April:
The submission form will open Friday, Feb. 23, at 5 p.m.