Basic Troop Camp Certification - Level 1 - Test Out
The Troop Camp Experience Exam will be given to registered adult Girl Scouts who have previous experience in camping and the outdoors.
• Completion of the training or successful exam certifies a volunteer in Troop Camp Basics Level One, enabling them to guide girls on day, overnight, or multi-night outdoor experiences on council camp property.
• Volunteers must recertify their outdoor skills every 3 years.
The Troop Camp Experience Exam Level One serves as a recertification test for volunteers whose Girl Scout Outdoor Training was completed more than 3 years ago or for new volunteers that have previous camping experience.
The Troop Camp Experience Exam Level One serves as a waiver for volunteers who have experience and/or training that qualifies them to prepare and accompany Girl Scouts on an outdoor or camping experience where tents are pitched. This experience or training may be:
- Outdoor training from another Girl Scout council or,
- Training through another agency or,
- Extensive experience in family or personal camping
The results of the exam will be given within two weeks of the date that the exam is received at council.
The following links are needed resources to assist you in completing the exam.
• 2016-17 Volunteer Essentials
Please note: The link to your test will on your invoice you receive after you complete registration. Scroll down the invoice to the highlighted section for the link. The test can be returned by email, fax or postal mail. Please allow up to two weeks for your test to be graded.