"Let's Grow" World Thinking Day - All GS - Hosted by Community 6
Join us to celebrate and "think" about the global impact of the World Association of Girl Scouts and Girl Guides. As a troop you will have the opportunity to teach your sister scouts about the culture and people of a country that is a member of WAGGS.
12:15-1:00pm - check-in
1:00pm - Opening Flag Ceremony with parade of flags representing each country
1:15-2:45pm - Explore the different countries
3:00pm - Closing Ceremony
Cost includes a WTD patch for each girl, clean-up fee, and a donation to WAGGS.
Each troop should have the following to represent their chosen country:
- A display board with facts & pictures about the country and scouting
- Country flag the size of a pillowcase for display and parade of flags
- An activity that represents the culture (ie: craft, game, dance)
- Food and/or drink item from the country (sample size is good)
- A rubber stamp or sticker that represent the country for passport stamping
- Costume for girls from country (this is optional)
Suggested countries for representation, but not limited to: Armenia - Austria - Turkey - Ukraine - Netherlands - Norway - Greece - Israel - Portugal
Please contact Janet DeVaughn with your chosen country so we do not get duplicates and/or for any additional questions regarding this event @ Jpdevo2004@yahoo.com
There will be recognition for:
- Best display
- Best Food/Drink
- Best Activity
- Best Costume
- Best SWAP
This is a first come sign up with a maximum of 13 countries plus WAGGS being represented.
* This event is for 2017 registered Girl Scouts of Gateway Council, and registered & approved adult volunteers.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* Girl/adult ratios must be followed and adults are expected to stay on the premises during the camporee.
Register by Feb. 10 at noon.
Contact: Janet DeVaughn, Jpdevo2004@yahoo.com