Surfing with Saltwater Cowgirls - Session E - DBJ
Are you ready to head to the beach for some fun in the sun and surfing? That’s right, surfing! Whether you have never touched a surf board before or caught a few waves, this is the program for you! Learn all the fundamentals of surfing, like how to properly carry your board, control your board, navigate through waves and catch and ride your own wave at Jacksonville Beach.
The crew at Saltwater Cowgirls are very experienced, women surfers and coaches who make safety their highest priority. During the lesson they will emphasize board control and ocean-awareness to fully prepare the girls for their surfing experience. Instructors are in the water at every moment to offer assistance and ensure student safety throughout the lesson. Lengthy instruction takes place on land before the students are able to enter the water.
• All students must be able to swim prior to attending the program.
• Surfboards and wetsuits (if needed) are provided for every girl attending the program.
• The use of wetsuits will allow girls to still participate in the program in the colder months.
• If wetsuits are not needed, rash guards and board shorts are recommended.
• Students may use their own board, but this is not a requirement.
* Surfing fun patch included with this program for every registered Girl Scout girl.
* This event is for 2018 registered Girl Scouts, and registered & approved adult volunteers.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non- Girl Scouts or siblings.
* Girl/adult ratios must be followed unless otherwise indicated in the program description. Adults are expected to stay on the premises and in some cases, help girls during the event.
Cost: $43/girl, $1/adult
Contact: Brittany McCallister, (904) 389-3071, email@example.com
Register by Oct. 23 at noon.