Thinking Day - All GS - Hosted by Mandarin Village Troops 799 & 392
Join the Mandarin Village on Feb. 18 at St. Joseph's cafeteria as we celebrate Girl Scouts and Girl Guides around the world! Each troop will pick a country that is a member of WAGGS to represent for the day. Then have the girls learn about Girl Scouting in that country as well as the country itself. On Feb. 18 we will come together to share what we have learned.
Each Troop should have:
- A table
- Display items about the country and scouting in that country (a science board is great for this)
- Their country's flag (homemade is fine/encouraged)
- Activity for girls to do at their table
- Food from country (optional)
- Costume for girls from country (optional)
- 8:45-9:30 a.m. — Check in and set up
- 9:30 a.m. — Opening/flag ceremony and parade of flags.
- 10-11 a.m. — Explore the different countries
- 11:30 a.m. — closing ceremony
Awards will be given for:
- Best SWAP
- Best Food/Drink
- Best Costume
- Best Activity
Once you are registered you will need to use the following link to the SignUp Genius list of current WAGGS Countries and sign up for your troop's country. (Please one leader/adult only sign up for their troop and one troop per country.) http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409054bada82daa8-thinking2
The link can also be found on your receipt in the highlighted section.
This is a first-come sign-up. Once a country is taken please choose another country. Our hope is to get as many countries represented as possible for this event.
Contact: Pati Lash, email@example.com
Register by Jan. 30 at noon.