Aquatics Weekend 1 - Beginning Kayak - JCSA
Learn basic kayaking strokes and safety: how to steady a kayak, how to get in and out of a kayak, and how to roll a kayak. Join in the fun as you take a tour of McCarthy Lake and find out what Dead Fish Polo is all about! Participants earn the Beginning Kayaking training strip.
Note: Participants will be assigned cabins/tents by session i.e. archery, canoe, etc. Chaperones will be assigned to available cabins/tents once all girls have checked in. Troops who have participants in different sessions will most likely be in separate units.
* This event is for 2018 registered Girl Scouts, and registered & approved adult volunteers.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* To maximize girl participation, chaperone openings are limited. Chaperones may place themselves on the Wait List and we will do our best to accommodate once registration has closed.
* Adults are expected to stay on the premises and in some cases, help girls during the event.
* Adult chaperones may be asked to assist instructors during the program. Once registration closes, if there are any participation openings, they will be offered to adults on a first come, first serve basis for the full participant fee.
Cost: $40/girl, $25/adult
Contact: Jacquie Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org, (904) 652-1364
Register by Apr. 13 at noon.