Aquatics Weekend 1 - Basic Sailing - JCSA
Set sail on Lake McCarthy as you learn the basics of sailing. Find out how to read the wind, tack and jibe, and, most importantly, have fun! Run a course in our Optimus Prams and feel the wind in your sails. Participants will receive the Basic Sailing training strip.
Note: Participants will be assigned cabins/tents by session i.e. archery, canoe, etc. Chaperones will be assigned to available cabins/tents once all girls have checked in. Troops who have participants in different sessions will most likely be in separate units.
* This event is for 2018 registered Girl Scouts, and registered & approved adult volunteers.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* To maximize girl participation, chaperone openings are limited. Chaperones may place themselves on the Wait List and we will do our best to accommodate once registration has closed.
* Adults are expected to stay on the premises and in some cases, help girls during the event.
* Adult chaperones may be asked to assist instructors during the program. Once registration closes, if there are any participation openings, they will be offered to adults on a first come, first serve basis for the full participant fee.
Cost: $40/girl, $25/adult
Contact: Jacquie Johnson, email@example.com, (904) 652-1364
Register by Apr. 13 at noon.