MOSH Workshop - Leap Bot - June Session - B
Brownies, join the experts at MOSH for this new mechancial engineering program and complete the Leap Bot Design Challenge.Every day you see a problem an engineer has solved. They design bridges so your car can cross a river, planes so you can fly to another place, and really tall buildings for lots of people to work or live in. To solve problems and create products that work, engineers have to think about all the different things that might affect their design. Design, build, and test things like an engineer as you create your own Leap Bot out of GoldieBlox. Learn how springs work while you built your Leap Bot. Create a way to test how your Leap Bot performs, record, and share the results, just like an engineer!
Check-in will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the workshop will begin promptly at 10 a.m. The museum will be open for exploration between check-in and the start of the workshop, as well as after the workshop is complete. Register for the afternoon Fling Flyer session and make a day of it!
Thanks to a grant provided by ASTC/Voya Financial, we’re able to provide these programs at a low cost. If the number of adults exceeds the number of girls for your group, additional adults must pay a fee of $15.
MOSH Workshop - Leap Bot is a part of the Voya STEM Career Initiative presented by Voya Financial, a program of the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC).
* Brownie Leap Bot badge included at the conclusion of the program for every registered Girl Scout girl.
* Museum entrance for all registered participants included with this program.
* This event is for 2018 registered Girl Scouts, and registered & approved adult volunteers. If an adult is responsible for a Girl Scout other than their own, the adult must be registered and background checked.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* Girl/adult ratios must be followed unless otherwise indicated in the program description. Adults are expected to stay on the premises.
Cost: $5/Girl, $ 5/Adult
Contact: Brittany McCallister, (904) 389-3071, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register by Monday, May 21 at noon