MOSH Workshop - Model Car - May Session - D
Daisies, join the experts at MOSH for this new program and complete the Model Car Design Challenge! Using GoldieBlox and hands-on activities, learn about friction by building and testing model cars. When engineers design something new, they need to think about forces like gravity and friction. Friction is a force that slows and stops moving objects. Without friction, any object that was pushed or pulled would keep moving forever. Build a model car out of GoldieBlox and test the friction of your car on different surfaces to prepare for a MOSH Car Chase!
Check-in will begin at 1 p.m. and the workshop will begin promptly at 1:30 p.m. The museum will be open for exploration between check-in and the start of the workshop, as well as after the workshop is complete. Register for the morning Board Game session and make a day of it!
Thanks to a grant provided by ASTC/Voya Financial, we’re able to provide these programs at a low cost. If the number of adults exceeds the number of girls for your group, additional adults must pay a fee of $15.
MOSH Workshop - Model Car is a part of the Voya STEM Career Initiative presented by Voya Financial, a program of the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC).
* Daisy Model Car badge included at the conclusion of the program for every registered Girl Scout girl.
* Museum entrance for all registered participants included with this program.
* This event is for 2018 registered Girl Scouts, and registered & approved adult volunteers. If an adult is responsible for a Girl Scout other than their own, the adult must be registered and background checked.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* Girl/adult ratios must be followed unless otherwise indicated in the program description. Adults are expected to stay on the premises.
Cost: $5/Girl, $ 5/Adult
Contact: Brittany McCallister, (904) 389-3071, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register by April 30 at noon