Working Together to Keep Our GSGC Community Safe
Updated Covid-19 Guidance
Girls Scouts of Gateway Council’s number one priority is the safety and well-being of our members and the families and communities we serve.
We expect everyone at the Girl Scouts of Gateway Council to follow the Girl Scout Law. This includes being considerate and caring as well as being responsible for what I say and do. Below are guidelines in how this can be reflected with in our safety around Covid-19.
We will follow the measures listed below, based on CDC guidance as well as guidance from our state and local health departments.
Be Responsible for your health and that of others:
- Isolate if you are sick, and do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you, anyone you live with, or anyone you have recently been around feel unwell.
- Routinely clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that are frequently touched during Girl Scout Activities (door handles, furniture, countertops, shared resources etc.)
- Do not attend any activity/meetings/events if you or anyone you live with has been tested for COVID-19 or another illness and tested positive or has not received the results.
- Practice good hand washing. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Be aware of who you are in close contact with and let them know promptly should you become sick within 48 hours of the contact.
Troop leaders feel free to share this with your families, so they follow the same considerations when sending their girl(s) to Girl Scout events.