Girl Media Team
The Girl Scouts of Gateway Council Girl Media Team is a special-interest group open to Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors.
Girls across our council will receive special training in all-things media, so you can report on council and community events and share our stories with the Girl Scout community and the world.
Members will serve as the faces and voices of GSGC in various media outlets. You'll be called upon to:
Interview with the media and attend press events.
Volunteer at Girl Scout booths at public events.
Participate in focus groups.
Write articles and shoot photos/videos.
Media Team Requirements
- Be a Girl Scout registered for the current membership year.
- Attend team meetings.
- Attend at least one supplemental training/program.
- Submit at least four pieces
of coverage throughout the year.
- Your coverage should include two major Girl Scout events, one non-Girl Scout topic that is relevant to Girl Scouts, and one personal interest piece. Your pieces should be multimedia for inclusion across our platforms — think about a video or photos to accompany a written article.
- You must quote at least one source in your pieces.
- Each event will have a submission deadline, typically about one week after the event, to ensure timely reporting.