ACA Certified Instructors
Are you ready for an outdoor adventure? Camping is key (and fun!) component of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, and troop camping provides an easy way for girls and volunteers to experience the great outdoors.
Troop camp provides a great bonding opportunity as girls build campfires, go boating, practice archery, experience hiking, do arts and crafts — and so much more!
Gateway Council's properties are available throughout the year for troops to experience camping in a variety ways, with activities appropriate for all levels.
Requirements for troop camping
• At least one Gateway camp trained certified adult.
• At least one First Aid/CPR/AED certified adult.
• A lifeguard, if swimming.
• A kayak/canoe/sailing instructor if kayaking, canoeing or sailing.
• At least one USA Archery Level One instructor certified adult, if participating in archering.
• A health form for each person.
Note: Different adults must fill each required role, e.g., the camp-certified adult and the first aid-certified adult may not be the same person.
*Prices apply only to Girl Scout members. For questions about reservations, please contact Customer Care at (877) 764-5237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GSGC is committed to ensuring the safety of all camp visitors and has developed guidelines for all camp properties in order to keep the camping experience safe.
Campers should engage in everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19: