- March 14 - Designing Robots with Shiva
- March 19 - Digital Photography with Microsoft
- March 21 - Designing Robots with Shiva
- March 21 - Designing Robots with MOSH
- March 21 - Programming Robots with MOSH
- March 21 - Forensic University
- March 21 - Coding for Good with Kids Can Code
- March 21 - Discovery Archery
- March 25 - Root Robotics with Kids Can Code
- March 26 - Digital Movie Maker with Microsoft
- March 27 - Up Close at the Duval County Courthouse
- March 28 - Coding for Good with Kids Can Code
- March 28 - EMPOWER
- March 28 - Coding for Good with MOSH
- March 28 - Eco Learner Badge Workshop
- March 28 - Eco Friend Badge Workshop
- March 28 - Eco Camper Badge Workshop
- March 28 - Vision Impairment Workshop
- March 28 - She's a Park Explorer - Little Talbot
- March 28 - What Do You Meme?
- March 28 - Girl Scout Music Day at UF
- March 28 - Discover San Agustin
- March 29 - Think Like an Engineer with Challenge Island
- March 29 - Coding for Good with Kids Can Code
- March 31 - Coding for Good with Kids Can Code
- April 2 - Digital Photography with Microsoft
- April 2 - Animal Habitats Badge Workshop with Challenge Island
- April 4 - Raspberry Pi Party
- April 4 - Designing Robots with Shiva
- April 4 - Welcome to the Flower Garden Daisy Journey in a Day
- April 4 - She's a Park Explorer - Ichetucknee Springs
- April 4-5 - Marine Sleepover at the St. Augustine Aquarium
- April 5 - Coding for Good with Kids Can Code
- April 11 - She's a Park Explorer - Wakulla Springs
- April 11 - She's a Park Explorer - Paynes Prairie Preserve
- April 18 - She's a Park Explorer - Stephen Foster Cultural Center
- May 2 - She's a Park Explorer - Eden Gardens
- May 2 - She's a Park Explorer - Topsail Hill Preserve
- May 9 - She's a Park Explorer - Camp Helen
Working Together to Keep Our GSGC Community Safe
With the appearance of COVID-19 in some counties within
Gateway Council, we understand and share the concerns of our
volunteers, parents and girl members. The health and safety of our
members is our highest priority.
GSGC is closely monitoring the COVID-19 updates from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and the local public health departments, and all of the counties and cities within our council boundaries.
As the situation continues to develop, precautionary measures are being taken to limit the spread of virus. On Thursday, March 12, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis asked residents of the state to limit or postpone large gatherings to further prevent the spread.
To protect the health and safety of our members and staff, GSGC is shifting to virtual work as of Monday, March 16, and we are closing our Jacksonville office to visitors. Staff members will be available by phone and email during our regular business hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
You can shop online 24/7 with free shipping — no exclusions, no minimums, no code needed!
Girl Scout programs and events
Based on recommendations from national, state and local health authorities, GSGC temporarily suspending all Gateway-led programs and events through April 16. However, that could change with the evolving situation.
Some program partners have changed their volunteering policy or may have temporarily closed, and therefore may choose to postpone or cancel their programs. We will notify registered attendees of these changes as they happen.
List of canceled/postponed programs
We will attempt to reschedule as many of these programs as possible.
Members affected by any cancelations will be notified by email and/or phone and will receive a refund for their purchase to the method of payment used at checkout.
Gateway Council strongly recommends that community volunteer leadership also suspend any and all local activities – including troop meetings, camporees, and any other events or gatherings.
At this time, our plans for summer camp are unchanged, and we look forward to providing the one-of-a-kind outdoor experience you can only find through Girl Scouts!
Here are the additional things we are doing to keep our community clean and safe
- We are keeping our properties well-stocked with supplies needed to reduce the spread of germs.
- All staff members who are ill are encouraged to stay home.
- We are encouraging all members who are sick or are at a higher risk for serious illness to not attend Girl Scout meetings, programs, or events.
- We advise all troops and communities to follow CDC-recommended hygiene measures at their gatherings.
Be a source of comfort and calm for girls
Girl Scouts of the USA has developed a helpful resource for How to Talk to Your Girl About Coronavirus to help minimize stress and worry in your Girl Scout’s life and give her a sense of calm and control.
Thank you for your help in keeping Girl Scouts a safe, fun space for everyone! If you have questions about how novel coronavirus may impact Girl Scout activities, please contact us at email@example.com — we're here for you.