MOSH Workshop - Roller Coaster - March Session - D
Daisies, join the experts at MOSH for this new program and complete the Roller Coaster Design Challenge. Engineers use their imaginations to solve problems. They invent and build things that can be used in the real world. Engineer your own roller coaster using GoldieBlox to see how its design affects its speed. By the end of this MOSH workshop, Daisies will have learned about engineering and motion by building and testing a roller coaster!
Check-in will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the workshop will begin promptly at 10 a.m. The museum will be open for exploration between check-in and the start of the workshop, as well as after the workshop is complete. Register for the afternoon Board Game session and make a day of it!
Thanks to a grant provided by ASTC/Voya Financial, we’re able to provide these programs at a low cost. If the number of adults exceeds the number of girls for your group, additional adults must pay a fee of $15.
MOSH Workshop - Roller Coaster is a part of the Voya STEM Career Initiative presented by Voya Financial, a program of the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC).
* Daisy Roller Coaster badge included at the conclusion of the program for every registered Girl Scout girl.
* Museum entrance for all registered participants included with this program.
* This event is for 2018 registered Girl Scouts, and registered & approved adult volunteers. If an adult is responsible for a Girl Scout other than their own, the adult must be registered and background checked.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* Girl/adult ratios must be followed unless otherwise indicated in the program description. Adults are expected to stay on the premises.
Cost: $5/Girl, $ 5/Adult
Contact: Brittany McCallister, (904) 389-3071, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register by March 5 at noon