Coding for Good with Kids Can Code - B
Learn to code with Kids Can Code! Earn your three Coding for Good badges using the codeSpark platform. Girls should bring their own laptops to learn how to write and manipulate block-based coding language Blockly.
Girls will complete three code projects:
Coding Basics: Work through the tutorials on codeSpark- Donut Detective, Tool Trouble, & Kite Plight
What Girls Learn: Algorithms, Loops, Advanced Sequencing & Loops.
Digital Game Design: Learn how to create a game in codeSpark Academy by completing the tutorials in the Create Game area.
App Development: Code your own story in the Create Story area of codeSpark Academy.
Girls will practice coding in a fun and laid back learning environment that will allow the ability to explore and expand on coding capabilities!
Walk away with three completed projects to share your “Code for Good!”
* Brownie Coding for Good badges are included at the conclusion of the program for every registered Girl Scout girl.
* This event is for 2019-20 registered Girl Scout girls and registered & approved adult volunteers.
* Girl/adult ratios must be followed unless otherwise indicated in the program description.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* Adults are expected to stay on the premises and in some cases, help girls during the event.
Cost: $25/girl, $1/adult
Contact: Customercare@girlscouts-gateway.org, (877) 764-5237
Register before Sept. 30 at noon.