Level 2 Essentials of Canoe Touring (Tandem) Instructor Certification Workshop
Become an American Canoe Association (ACA) certified canoeing instructor. This workshop for experienced paddlers focuses on the Paddling Skills, Instructional Techniques, Rescues and Group Management necessary to safely teach canoeing to groups of beginners and to lead canoe trips off council property.
Instructor candidates must be ACA members prior to the workshop, the fee of $40 is paid directly to ACA prior to the session. SEIC Membership, $25, paid directly to SEIC, is required upon successful completion of certification criteria. ACA instructors must maintain venue appropriate First Aid & CPR certification for their ACA certification to be legally valid, however, that certification is not required for participation in the ICW. Instructor candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the strokes, maneuvers, rescues and general knowledge listed in the Level 2 Essentials to Canoe Touring course outline found on the ACA web site: www.americancanoe.org. It is possible for an instructor candidate to attain full certification as a Level 1 Introduction to Canoeing instructor through this ICW even if they haven’t mastered all the Level 2 requirements.
Level 1 Introduction to Canoeing (Tandem) can be certified through this workshop. Check-in begins at 5 p.m., classroom work begins promptly at 7 p.m.
- Attendees must be 18 years old to become an ACA instructor. Attendees that are 16 or 17 will complete all the criteria and their certification will become valid when they turn 18. Girl Scout Ambassadors will initially be placed on a wait list.
- Attendees must have a current First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Instructor candidates must be ACA members prior to attending the training session.
* This event is for 2019 registered and background check approved adult volunteers.
* Non-Girl Scout adults will be registered as Girl Scouts utilizing a portion of the session fee. Non-Girl Scout adults will also need to complete a background for an additional $6.25. The link for this will be emailed separately from this registration.
* For safety and supervision reasons, non-Girl Scouts are not permitted at this training.
Cost: $250/Girl Scout adult, $350/Non-Girl Scout adult
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (904) 388-4653
Register by April 12 at noon.