Visual Astronomy - Star Girls - JSCA & PA
If you have ever wondered what constellation you were seeing in a dark sky, or why things change during the night and the seasons, then this program is for you! We will look at actual meteorites, learn to predict what will be in the sky by computer or paper computer, learn about constellation mythology as well as model some of the things whirling around out there that we don’t often see! If we have good weather we will look at the brighter planets in the sky and also the constellations. Senior Girl Scouts can also work on your Sky badge!
Astronomy-trained program aides: This event is for you, too! Come increase your astronomical knowledge and have some fun helping younger Girl Scouts discover the mysteries of the sky above! We’ll see you out there!
* Fun patch included for PAs and all registered Girl Scouts
* This event is for 2019 registered and trained PAs, 2019 registered Girl Scouts and registered & approved adult volunteers.
* Please select which level you are during registration.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* Girl/adult ratios must be followed unless otherwise indicated in the program description.
* Adults are expected to stay on the premises and in some cases, help girls during the event.
* Telescopic viewing of the planets is weather permitting.
* Please dress to be outside during the program. The location can become windy and cool at times.
* Adults are welcome and encouraged to participate in the fun with us!
Cost: $7/girl, $7/adult, no fee for PAs
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (904) 388-4653
Register by Jan. 28 at noon