Girl Scout Day at the Capitol - All GS
Help us paint Tallahassee green with Girl Scout Day at the Capitol! You're invited to join Gateway Council, along with members from Florida's five other Girl Scout councils, to share your Girl Scout spirit and knowledge with Florida's legislators.
We'll have informational booths about the four pillars of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience — STEM, outdoors, entrepreneurship, life skills — as well as the Girl Scout Gold Award and G.I.R.L. 2020. Girls can also visit a photo booth and make SWAPS to remember this exciting day. You can visit the booths to learn more about Girl Scouts around the state and to share your Girl Scout experience with legislators and members of the public who stop by!
At 10:30 a.m., we'll host a special ceremony to pin some key elected officials as honorary Girl Scouts. You'll be able to be a part of history! After the ceremony, you can stay at the event or take part in tours of the capitol, visit the Florida Historic Capitol Museum, join college Girl Scouts for a walking tour of Florida State University, or choose another exciting opportunity to learn more about our state capital.
* Girls should dress in uniform. Adults should wear a Girl Scout shirt or Girl Scout colors.
* A fun patch will be provided for all registered Girl Scout girls.
* Members are responsible for transportation to and from Tallahassee. If there is significant interest, GSGC may provide a bus from select areas.
* A light lunch will be provided. Members are responsible for additional meals.
* This event is for 2019-20 registered Girl Scout girls and registered & approved adult volunteers.
* Girl/adult ratios must be followed unless otherwise indicated in the program description.
* For safety and supervision reasons, troops and individuals are not permitted to bring non-Girl Scouts or siblings.
* Adults are expected to stay on the premises and in some cases, help girls during the event.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (877) 764-5237
Register by Feb. 25 at noon.