Learn about bugs, investigate the bugs in your area, and make a poster to share what you learned! Badge earned: Brownie Bugs
Step One: Learn About Bugs
- Did you know that the word “bug” refers to a specific kind of insect?
- Learn more about bugs by watching this video.
Step Two: Explore
- Go outside either in your yard, or in your neighborhood, and see what bugs you can find, and take some pictures.
- If you don’t know what kind of bugs you have found, you can take a look at some of the bugs in the University of Florida’s Insect ID lab.
- The section on “Species Found in Florida Yards” is a good place to start.
Step Three: Make a Bug Poster
- Now that you’ve identified your bug, make a poster about it to share what you’ve learned. Include a drawing or picture of your bug, its name, and three cool facts!
It's a Bug's Life (PDF)