Camp Kugelman is located on Perdido Bay in Lillian, AL., 30 minutes from Pensacola Florida beaches, and offers air-conditioned dormitory-style accommodations. There is a public boat launch to Perdido Bay located within a quarter mile of the property. This private, sandy beach-front property includes sleeping accommodations for up to 32 people at a time (16 per side), a large commercial-grade kitchen, a private pool and archery range.
Considerations for all properties
• Household pets are not permitted on Girl Scout properties except for service dogs.
• Recreational vehicles (RVs) on camp properties for use in overnight accommodations are not permitted.
• Alcohol policy: Alcohol is never permitted on any Gateway Council property.
• Smoking policy: All tobacco products (including vapor, dip, cigarettes, etc.) are to be used out of sight of all girls and no closer than 50 feet from their location. All products must be placed in a fire-safe container (such as a can with water) prior to placing into the trash. Location must be clean of all tobacco products prior to rejoining the girls. The girl-adult ratio must be maintained in your absence.
• In the event a fire ban is enforced in the state or county, Girl Scouts of Gateway Council will adhere to the following procedure: There will be no open fires at North Fork Leadership Center and Camp Kateri. Campers may use the fixed charcoal grills or a self-contained grill with charcoal as long as it is kept inside the fire circle.
• Thermometers are available for each refrigeration unit. Chef-trained supervisors and/or camp-trained volunteers should monitor the temperature of the refrigeration unit upon arrival at camp and at least daily during camp stay. Notify camp ranger if temperature exceeds 40 degrees F. Ice chests or coolers for cookouts or temporary food storage should be monitored for safe temperatures. Any “potentially hazardous food” stored in ice chests may not be returned to the kitchen.