Troop leaders are at the core of many girls’ scouting experience. In
this section, you will find the tools and information you need to
support girls at each Girl Scout level.
The Troop Support department at Gateway Council is here to provide additional support and resources to leaders and volunteers. These specialists have backgrounds in a range of topics, from STEM to art to the great outdoors!
They would love to brainstorm with you about activities for your troop, answer questions, help you get a troop started up, or tackle issues you’re having trouble with. Visit our Staff Directory for a full list of Troop Support Specialists.
For more information, please contact: Sarah Crooks First Year Volunteer Coach email@example.com
Important First Year Documents
- New Leader Roadmap - Your Guide to Success!
- New Leader Guide - An Essential Guide to Troop Committees
- Ways Adults Can Help - Get involved and make a difference!
New Leader Checklist
Successful Leader Learner Series, which includes:
- GSUSA Foundation 1: The Girl Scout Way
- GSUSA Foundation 2: The Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- GSUSA Foundation 3: Well-Being and Development
- GSUSA Foundation 4: Understanding Troop Operations
- GSUSA Girl Scouts in the Outdoors
**New Troop Leaders will need to complete New Leader Orientation via Zoom. To view upcoming dates and to schedule your orientation, please click on the “Orientation Schedule” option below.
Monthly Training Series
New Leader Office Hours
New Troop Startup Funds
Year at A Glance